Washington, Victoria, and Portland to Mount Shasta Tour

On June 17th, 2011 I started my 2011 summer tour. My wife drove me up to Yreka where I picked up the Hertz rental. I had requested a Corolla but was given a Mazda M3 instead. This turned out to be fortuitous because I could load the whole Rivendell into the car without removing any wheels! The rear seats fold down completely flat and create a rear cargo area bigger than my Rav4 - at least in length.

On the way up to Bellingham, WA where the tour will start I discovered that somehow many maps are missing from the Garmin GPS. Now I understand why Jerry always wants his laptop with him. It makes the decision of whether to buy an Ipad or a netbook/laptop in the future easy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Cyclists Talk About

Cycling Explained

Summer 2011 Victoria, San Juans and Oregon Coast Book