Anacortes to Sidney

Ken, Ann, Bill and the berries
Ken and I want to be at the ferry by 7:30 for the 8:25 am departure. According to Bill it takes about 20 minutes to get there, but, we think it is a good idea to allow for getting lost. So, we plan for a 7 am departure. That means getting up at about 5:45 to pack, eat, clean up and go. Ann made some great pancakes that we heaped fresh strawberries that Wendy and Ken brought along with blueberries and raspberries I had purchased. What a great start to the day!

We say our good-byes to our wonderful hosts, Bill and Ann, and then Ken, Wendy and I head to the ferry. We have an uneventful sailing and when we get to Sidney decide to hit the Safeway for Starbucks coffee and food. In my case that was a pannini sandwich of ham and swiss.

Ken and Wendy are going to Victoria and stay with Ken's mom for a few days and recuperate from their trip where Ken hauled a trailer with over 60 lbs of gear including climbing ropes and hardware for a little expedition they did. I am going to meet my next hosts, John and Kumiko who live about 10 miles from the ferry.

John


John and Kumiko have a beautiful home in the hills with unbelievable views. John and I go for about 4 mile hike where he "takes it easy" since he is recovering from shoulder surgery. For someone 13 years older than me I could not believe how good a shape he was in and I was breathing hard to keep up. He said he and his wife cycle or run every day and it sure did show.


View from the park above John and Kumiko's home
After a wonderful dinner at their house I get a great nights sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Cyclists Talk About

Cycling Explained

Summer 2011 Victoria, San Juans and Oregon Coast Book